Tuesday, 3 July 2012

It's been a busy ol' year and a bit!

Things have been just a little bit busy over the last year or so!


I started my new job as sales co-ordinator/manageress of our local Hospice charity shop back in March 2011 and set about getting stuck in. We sell bric-a-brac, furniture, electricals, linens, everything but clothes really as we've actually had kitchen sinks! The building we were in wasn't really suited to our stock, lots of different levels and not enough space, not to mention our van driver & helpers having to haul furniture up and down a narrow set of stairs. Some of our committee found a more suitable, temporary solution to this issue and that meant that from April to September we had two premises that I was in charge of.


Just about a year ago a new building was found and the wheels set in motion for getting it ready, sorting out the layout, painting, removing walls and all that jazz. Our new shop was officially opened at the start of October and it's only in the last couple of months that things have started calming down enough for me to find some spare time for running Rock N Retro instead of just wanting to sleep as soon as I got home :)


Since I've got an almost full time job now, RnR is back to a part time venture. This means I'm doing things a bit differently:


*All items are of a limited run or completely unique
*I'm stocking more than just jewellery - false nails, clothing, homeware and jewellery making pieces are just the tip of the iceberg
*Items will be available for just a calendar month, then they're gone forever!


I'm also hoping to do a bit more blogging, but since I've always been pretty rubbish at it that shouldn't be too difficult to achieve! 


I'm really excited about getting back into the swing of things, and I hope you are too. Since this post is a bit bare and too full of words, here's a wee pic of the Lock it in your heart bracelet - just £7.99 plus p&p








No comments:

Post a Comment