Saturday, 27 February 2010

Sad Times - 27/02/10

I announced over on our twitter account last week that we're leaving our Bricks & Mortar shop :(

There've been a few niggly things with the building, which if we stayed would drive me completely insane! So I've had to take the decision not to renew the lease when it comes to an end in March and our last open day as a shop will be a fortnight today: Saturday 13th March.

As I've not been able to find a decent sized premises in my local town (for a decent price) Rock n Retro is going back to basics and will be selling via our own website, through some fabulous independent Boutique Shops throughout the UK and in Italy (with more to come) and at selected events and fairs throughout the year :)

I'm feeling a wee bit sad about it even though we've only been here for a year. We changed things about a fair bit:

Before:

After:

Lots of fresh paint, plasterboard, filling in holes a good scrub clean, a new hot water washer and more!

As a result of the impending move I've got lots of job lots of Fancy Dress, Make-up and various other bits and pieces over on ebay with more being added over the next fortnight as I've got nowhere to store all the bulky stuff!

And it's meant that I'm behind on the release of our New Ranges: Mad as a Hatter & Bow Tie Collections. I've got a few wee tweaks to do on a couple of pieces that should be done over the weekend, so add yourself to the mailing list and you'll be the first to hear when they go live :)

Take Care & Have Fun

Sarah @ Rock n Retro

No comments:

Post a Comment